Sometimes an ending is a perfect way to have a beautiful beginning...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sweetness and Light

Hey Peeps!!! How are you all doing? I'm good just sitting down now to type a new blog! I want to tell you about my bible study leader Laura. She has just blessed me so much these last 5 weeks. She is a mom to a boy 10 and her daughter is 8. She is a widow. Now, before you go gettin' all weepy when you read that (like I did when I heard it) she is a very strong, capable woman. She has been a widow for 6 years when her husband died in a motorcycle crash. She has been full of sweet words and love for all 5 of us at her bible study table. She is filled with the spirit and it's for real. I say it's for real because I have had the unpleasurable experience of being around 'spiritual' ladies who aren't very Godly and there is a difference. Anyway, not a sour note comes from Laura and she sings of what God has done for her and her kiddos and praises His name. There has not been a Thursday morning when I have sat down to worship and then study at the table when she hasn't presented us all with gifts! One day was bookmarks and book plates (to tell whose book was whose) another day was journals with a pencil, I even have a sweet little plant next to my computer she gave to me! She even decorated the pot! So sweet!
Just remember ladies, people are watching us. Do we exude the love of Christ in us or are we gloomy girls who say we love Him but our faces and our words tell another story? Yep, if you're unhappy you are telling a different story about what is going on in your heart. Laura has some things to be unhappy about, she misses her hubby, her kiddos are not growing up with their daddy and money is tight. But she sings of God's glory simply because she chooses to focus on her blessings. Sure, she asks for prayers and we pray for her but she then leaves it up to the Lord and sings of His love. Her kiddos are blessed and so am I for her example. By the way, she does all this crafting with her daughter because then they can spend time together. She once handed me something that she felt was 'less than perfect' because her daughter helped and knew I wouldn't mind because I love to have my Bug help me. I cherish that memento because of what it means. Perfection? Nah, I wouldn't want perfection!
Cultivate sweetness and light and you will receive sweetness and light
For the Holy Spirit, God's gift, does not want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them. 2 Timothy 1:7

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mindi what a story! And at just a coincidental time too! (yeah right!) A couple from our church that we have known since neil was an intern 10 years ago well Brian found out that he had cancer and within 6 weeks he had gone to be with the Lord. They have a 4 year old and an 8 year old and they are only 36! He played guitar with us on the praise band and he was an incredible person. Now she is a widow with two small children, she is also a teacher and she thankfully has her church family to support her! She has an amazing heart for God and although it has been hard she has had her faith to keep her strong. When her husband took his final breath she said "Now he is perfect" We just had his memorial service a week ago and it was heart breaking! And she had the craziness to tell me that she doesn't know how I do it everyday with the four kids! I couldn't believe that she just lost her husband and she doesn't know how I can handle my kiddos! I don't know what God's plan is here in this situation but I know that it will all work out for the good! I thought that if anyone could understand it would be you! I love you and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

what do YOU think? leave me a message or a comment or even sign up to be one of my followers! This can be anonymous!