Sometimes an ending is a perfect way to have a beautiful beginning...

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shot Drama

Yippee! Woo hoo! (read with sarcastic tones please) I just got home from taking the girls (and myself) to get H1N1 vaccinations! What a scream (yeah, literally). We got there expecting a long line but, no, we just filled out our paperwork and went through a screening process then went in. I went first. Ok, it burned but I lived. Then, with Buglette in her stroller it was Bug's turn. I had to force her to sit down. Ohh, this isn't going to be fun. Then they wanted to have me hold her so she wouldn't move. By now she is crying and saying, "I don't feel good, Mom, I'm nauseated" and I'm telling her to be brave because she's getting her sister all worked up! Sure enough, Buglette started crying! So now they're both going and I can't really do anything about it. The nurse then decides to start talking to Bug about her shot (which isn't helping) while I give the nurse the look saying 'just give the shot now'! Then Bug brings out the coup de gras by saying, "wait, I want to pray first!" So, we're praying (as I give the nurse the 'shoot it now' look). No such luck... after praying and screaming and gettin' her sister to cry it's time for mama to bring out the stearn voice, "hold still, be quiet" and she finally gets her shot! Buglette goes next screaming and squirming while I just muscle my way through that one. Whew. I'm exhausted.
Thank the Lord it's done. I'm going to lay down for a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do YOU think? leave me a message or a comment or even sign up to be one of my followers! This can be anonymous!