Sometimes an ending is a perfect way to have a beautiful beginning...

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Best Saturday I've Had in a Long Time!

Hubby is the best! I woke up this morning and he told me to go get my hair cut and my claws uh, toes done! It didn't take me long to get ready and run out the door! I went and found a new hairdresser who also happens to be a neighbor of mine and she did a great job on my hair! Then I went and grabbed a bite of lunch at Panera Bread. I just love Panera but hubby doesn't so when he's not with me I go when I can! Last summer when we were in Colorado Springs for a family reunion one of my sisters-in-law had me try a bite of her cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera. She is a baaad girl I tell ya, a very baaaad girl! She forced me to fall in love with them and to think about them with coffee. She is a little sabateur I tell ya. Baaad sister, you're a baaaad girl!   (secretly, I love you for it, shhhh)
Anyway, after being forced into Panera I went to Goodwill to see if they had anything I could paint and make pretty again for my house. They didn't but then I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found the new Yankee candle scents, Autumn Fruit, Be Thankful, and Autumn Wreath. I have a thing for scents! I bought two tarts (you melt them in a warmer) and a car jar scent hanger. 
After all that I went to a spa I had heard nice things about and got the most delicious pedicure I've ever had! I had a private room with lights dimmed, soft relaxation music playing and I got to lie down! I also got a great massage with the pedicure from the knees down. She even used those warm stones on my legs and feet. Talk about heaven! And the result... see picture to the left! Look... no more claws I have girlie toes again!
So now I'm packing up a picnic dinner to take when we all go as a family to the park tonight! What fun... chicken salad sandwiches (recipe below), fruit and munchies eaten outside watching my girls play and hubby shoot hoops! I love time at the park! Here's to great Saturdays! 

Mindi's Chicken Salad Sandwiches

1 large can chicken
mayo to moisten
1 tsp. dill
1 small package chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries
2 ribs celery
salt and pepper to taste

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do YOU think? leave me a message or a comment or even sign up to be one of my followers! This can be anonymous!