Sometimes an ending is a perfect way to have a beautiful beginning...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's almost Fall!

We just had dinner (crock-pot chicken, veggis, mashed potatoes) and Bug is outside playing with Buglette and a few neighbor girls from up the street. Just wanted to let you all know that the fire is going away from house so thanks for your prayers... my diet is intact!
We have had a cloudy day though, with even a bit of rain sprinkles. It makes me anxious for fall and the weather to cool off and everything that comes with it. I know I've mentioned that I'm a very seasonal person and we are heading into my favorite time of year. I just LOVE fall! I love the leaves changing, the apples ripening, the smell of fireplaces burning on the first cool day, decorating for the season, Harvest Festivals, pumpkins, hay rides and our family's annual visit to Oak Glen. Oak Glen is a small country town in our local mountains that offers apple and pumpkin picking, yummy cafes serving the best apple pie and lovely little shops. This is also the time of year I go to our church's Women's Retreat and/or Women of Faith conference. This year my mom and I are going to Women of Faith!
So you can see many reasons why I love fall. I will take some photos to post of our fall activities and of my fall decorating! We may live in So Cal but we do live in an area that has a change of seasons, thank goodness! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't look forward to the changes and even to the first snowfall! Almost time to pull out my decorations and look for fall scented candles and 'fall flavored' coffee creamers! I can't wait!!! What are your favorite things to do in fall? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do YOU think? leave me a message or a comment or even sign up to be one of my followers! This can be anonymous!