Sometimes an ending is a perfect way to have a beautiful beginning...

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chicken Rice Soup with Pumpkin Bread

Quick post... Chicken and Rice soup and Pumpkin Bread:

Take one Fall day, overcast and cool out, high of maybe 63;
Sunday, so Hubby and kids are home; burn some Fall scented candles and
make SOUP!

Chicken Rice Soup:
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I used creminis)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 32 ounce carton of chicken broth, more to taste if needed
2 12.5 oz cans of chopped chicken, no need to drain
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped green beans (I used frozen)
1 package long grain wild rice mix with seasoning packet (I used Uncle Ben's)
1 tbls. poultry seasoning
1 tbls. garlic salt

Saute onion and mushrooms in oil till tender. Mix in other ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat covered for 20 minutes.
Enjoy with pumpkin bread, either homemade or cheat for goodness sakes and make it from a box, I use Pillsbury Quick bread and it's our favorite!
Did I mention I love Fall?


1 comment:

  1. tried this... it was great! Keep posting recipes!

    ReplyDelete

what do YOU think? leave me a message or a comment or even sign up to be one of my followers! This can be anonymous!