Sometimes an ending is a perfect way to have a beautiful beginning...

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Project may be in the Works...

Ok, so it's 6:30am and I've been up since 4am after giving Buglette a bottle. She's getting over a cold and teething those four molars so I'm not denying her anything. Usually at 4am if she woke I would allow her to fuss herself back to sleep a bit. But I'm on a medication that has been keeping me up at night (a story for another time) so I couldn't go back to sleep and here I sit. Why I feel like blogging right now is a mystery to me. But I have my coffee and some peace and quiet for now. I'm a VERY seasonal person (I guess that would be described as doing seasonal things in their proper season) so for right now my coffee is from Kauai, HI (Trader Joe's) and my creamer is coconut cream Coffee Mate. Hey, it's summer so there's no way I could have like, Cinnamon Hazelnut now with a heady French Roast. Am I the only one this makes total sense to? Those flavors are reserved for Fall and Winter and when the Pumpkin Pie Spice, Peppermint, and Gingerbread creamers come out! But my favorite from Starbuck's ANY time of year is a grande skinny vanilla latte with protein. Just thought was very important for you to know.
Anyway, at about midnight last night I finished my book I was reading, Julie and Julia by Julie Powell. I enjoyed it immensely but like I said before, could have done without her cursing and some of the sexual imagery. Not that I'm a prude but there just didn't seem to be a point to it. But the book itself and her writing I enjoyed very much. I completely understand where she was coming from! I too have been sort of 'in a rut', not feeling like I'm really doing much of anything with my life right now. Don't get me wrong, I love being a stay-at-home mom and wife and have for NINE YEARS now (oh, did I just yell that?) but sometimes I feel like I'm not living up to my potential. With my girls being the ages they are this is the only place I need to be but I was getting 'antsy'. So, this blog has sort of been a bit of a saving grace thing for me. And even if no one ever reads it, so what? It's getting me through another dish, another diaper. And I think that's what Julie needed too. Something to get her through the next day as a secretary in NYC getting ready to turn 30 (right now, putting on a suit to catch the subway, ok, let's be more glamorous here, a TAXI, for a ride into Manhattan to work till it's time for lunch at, let's say Dean and Deluca only to go back to work for a few hours until it's time to head back to my Upper East Side apartment where I can throw on sweats, grab a glass of wine and some take-out and enjoy the view all without dishes and diapers sounds pretty good to me). The Project (either read the book or go see the movie so we can chat about this, please) did that for her as well. This is going to be my Project. Who knows, 'blog' may become 'book' after all.
By the way, dinner last night was Dr. Praeger's California Veggie burgers on whole wheat buns (Trader Joe's again) with salad and not-fried sweet-potato fries. That reminds me, I need to pull a chicken out of the freezer to thaw for tonight's dinner. Till then!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do YOU think? leave me a message or a comment or even sign up to be one of my followers! This can be anonymous!