Sometimes an ending is a perfect way to have a beautiful beginning...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Zucchini Bread, YUM!

I needed to clean out the freezer today, we just have a bunch of hodge-podge stuff in there, 1/2 bag of mini corn dogs, 1/2 bag of meatballs, frozen veggies, frozen strawberries, etc... So tonight we are having a 'clean the freezer dinner', just a mixture of all the items that need to be eaten. A few days ago my next door neighbor brought over zucchini from her garden along with yellow squash. I was so grateful because I had to leave my garden, in the prime of it's production I might add, to move here! So, instead of just weird dinner tonight from the freezer we'll be having zucchini bread with it!

The Best Zucchini Bread
3 cups of all purpose flour 3 eggs
1 tsp. salt 1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. baking soda 2 and 1/4 cups white sugar
1 tsp. baking powder 3 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tsps. cinnamon 2 cups grated zucchini

Preheat oven to 325. Sift dry ingredients together except sugar. Beat oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar together in large bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir well. Stir in zucchini. Bake 2 loaves for 40-60 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes until your family enters kitchen and devours the entire loaf in one sitting, if you can get them to wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do YOU think? leave me a message or a comment or even sign up to be one of my followers! This can be anonymous!